Carol Lay (born 1952) is the author of a weekly comic strip, Way Lay, which first appeared in 1992 and which runs in the LA Weekly and Salon. It is also printed in daily and weekly newspapers as far afield as Hong Kong and Norway. Lay has been drawing professionally for over 25 years.
Life and CareerEdit
Lay was born in Whittier, California. In 1975 she graduated with a B.F.A. in Fine Arts from UCLA, after which she found work as an illustrator. Soon after, she got her foot in the comics door at DC Comics and Western Publishing while simultaneously writing and drawing underground comics for titles such as Weirdo and her own Good Girls #1-6.
In addition to appearing in Mad, Lay's work has also appeared in Newsweek, The New Yorker, Worth Magazine, The New York Times and The Wall Street Journal.
She is the author of Mythos, a prose novel featuring Wonder Woman, published by DC and Pocket Books. The Big Skinny: How I Changed My Fattitude was published by Villard/Random House Dec. 30, 2008.
Lay currently lives and works in Los Angeles.
- "Reach Out and Touch Someone" Pontiac Tempura (July 1980)
- "The Mysogynist" Wimmen's Comix, Issue 8 (March 1983),
- "Midwestern Wedding" Weirdo #10 (as "Cora Lloyd")
- "Brainfood" Cannibal Romances #1 (1986)
- The Oz-Wonderland Wars #1-3 (1986)
- Good Girls #1-6 (1987-1991)
- "The Prince and the Art Girl" Weirdo #27 (Spring 1990)
- "Panty Raid" Young Lust #8 (1993)
- Joy Ride (January 1996)
- Strip Joint (September 1998)
- Now Endsville
- Goodnight, Irene
- The Big Skinny
- Mythos (2003)
- "The Sound and the Flurry" Simpsons Comics Presents Bart Simpson #52 (February 2010)
- "The Mystery of the Pesky Desk" Simpsons Comics Presents Bart Simpson #53 (April 2010)
- "Fortunate Son" Simpsons Comics Presents Bart Simpson #54 (June 2010)
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|