Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Born:||April 7, 1940|
|Notable Work:||Frustrés, Agrippine|
|• Official Site|
Claire Bretécher (born April 7, 1940) is a French cartoonist, known particularly for her portrayals of women and gender issues. Her creations include the Frustrés, and the unimpressed teenager Agrippine.
She was born in Nantes, and got her first break as an illustrator when she was asked to provide the artwork for Le Facteur Rhésus by René Goscinny for L'Os à Moelle in 1963. She went on to work for several popular magazines, and in 1969 invented the character "Cellulite". In 1972 she joined Gotlib and Mandryka in founding the comics magazine L'Écho des savanes.
Throughout the 1970s and 1980s, she published successful collections, such as The Destiny of Monique (1982). In 2001, her series Agrippine was adapted into a 26 episode TV series by Canal+.
- Les états d'âme de Cellulite (1972, Dargaud)
- Salades de saison (1973, Dargaud)
- Les frustrés (5 albums, 1975–80, Bretecher)
- Le cordon infernal (1976, Bretecher)
- Les angoisses de Cellulite (1977, Dargaud)
- Baratine et Molgaga (1977, Glénat)
- La vie passionnée de Thérèse Avila (1980, Bretecher)
- Le destin de Monique (1983, Bretecher)
- Les Mères (1982, Bretecher)
- Docteur ventouse, bobologue (2 albums 1985-86, Bretecher/Hyphen)
- Agrippine (8 albums 1988–2004, Bretecher/Hyphen)
- 1975: Best French Author at the Angoulême International Comics Festival, France
- 1987: Adamson Award for Best International Comic Book Cartoonist, Sweden
- 1999: Humour Award at the Angoulême International Comics Festival
- 2002: nominated for the Dialogue Award at the Angoulême International Comics Festival
- Claire Bretécher official site
- Claire Bretécher official art gallery
- Claire Bretécher biography on Lambiek Comiclopedia
- Claire Bretécher biography on Dargaud
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 De Weyer, Geert 100 stripklassiekers die niet in je boekenkast mogen ontbreken. Amsterdam: Atlas, 2008. pp.213, 244
- ↑ L'Écho des savanes en 1972 BD Oubliées
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|