|• Official Site|
claire Lenkova is a German cartoonist, illustrator and artist.
claire Lenkova was born in Zwickau, East Germany, but moved with her parents to Bavaria, where she grew up. After high school she studied at the University of Applied Sciences Hamburg illustration.
Lenkova exhibits in Germany and abroad, such as an exhibition at the Gallery of Contemporary Art in Hamburg, the Hamburg Erotic Art Museum, on the ElbArt in Hamburg and Farbwerte in Berlin. She was twice nominated for the Fumetto-Preis at comic festivals in Lucerne and was winner of the Focus Award at FH Dortmund 2005. She is co-founder of the artists group Spring, which publishes annually since 2004, a collection of various works of art and comics on various topics.
In March 2008, her book "All My Friends", which emerged from the exhibition project, "Mr. Zimmer & Ladies Salon', was published by Antje Kunstmann Verlag. In September 2009, she published her first children's book, the comic book property Grenzgebiete – eine Kindheit zwischen Ost und West ("Border Regions - a childhood between East and West") from publisher Gerstenberg Verlag, which was named one of "best seven books for young readers" (Deutschlandfunk). Her comics and illustrations appear in the Frankfurter Allgemeinen newspaper.
Lenkova currently lives and works in Hamburg.
- annually since 2004: Spring exhibition in Hamburg and Berlin
- Participation in the exhibition Farbwerte in Berlin (October 2009)
- Participation in the exhibition Kopfkino at Kunsthaus Dresden (February 2008)
- Participation in the exhibition Pinocchio of the 'Istituto di Cultura Germanica', Bologna, Italy, April 2007
- Herrenzimmer & Damensalon, Feinkunst Krüger, Hamburg, 2005. Reinraum, Düsseldorf, 2006
- ElbArt (group exhibition), Hamburg, 2006
- Lenkova Claire and Susan Rothfuss, Gesammelte Wirklichkeiten , Hinterconti, Hamburg, 2006
- Exhibition and nomination of the comic Musik , International Comix-Festival Fumetto , Lucerne, 2006
- Exhibition and nomination of the comic book Heimat , International Comix-Festival Fumetto , Lucerne, 2005
- Homepage of claire Lenkova
- blog of the anthology and art group, SPRING
- Drawing Girl: The art and comics magazine 'SPRING', interview with the SZ claire Lenkova
- Report on claire Lenkova and SPRING-women in the online feature 'satt.org' in October 2007
- Interview in February 2008 with the art magazine Art