Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Lauren Shuler Donner (born June 23, 1949) is an American film producer who specializes in mainstream youth and family-oriented entertainment. She is the producer of the live-action X-Men films and Constantine, based on the DC/Vertigo comic, Hellblazer.
Early life and careerEdit
Lauren Shuler was born in Cleveland, Ohio. Married to Richard Donner, she entered the entertainment industry as one of the first women members in the Hollywood Electronic Camera Union (Local IA 659). She worked as a camera operator on a number of TV projects before graduating to associate producer of ABC's Wide World of Entertainment in 1973, a catch-all concept for various late-night formats that attempted to compete with Johnny Carson's Tonight Show.
She next moved to Motown Productions, where she rose to the ranks to make her television producing debut in 1979 with the acclaimed Amateur Night at the Dixie Bar and Grill, a television film written and directed by Joel Schumacher in the style of Robert Altman's Nashville.
In 1983, Shuler-Donner made her feature film producing debut in the comedy hit Mr. Mom, starring Michael Keaton. In collaboration with producer-director and future husband Richard Donner, she followed up with Ladyhawke in 1985, starring Matthew Broderick, Rutger Hauer and Michelle Pfeiffer. Throughout her career, Shuler Donner has worked with Richard Donner, Joel Schumacher and John Hughes. Shuler Donner had a particularly successful year in 1993 overseeing two solid hits: Dave, a homespun political comedy, and Free Willy, a family film about a boy and his whale. Shuler Donner produced the X-Men film trilogy and spin-off/prequel X-Men Origins: Wolverine alongside the acclaimed producer Ralph Winter, and X-Men: First Class. She will also produce any upcoming X-Men films, including The Wolverine and Deadpool.
Awards and honorsEdit
Shuler Donner has received a "star" on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. In 2006, Lauren was awarded the Women in Film Crystal Award along with Jennifer Lopez and Diane Warren.
As producer, except as noted.
- Thank God It's Friday (1978) (associate producer)
- Amateur Night at the Dixie Bar and Grill (1979, made-for-TV film)
- Mr. Mom (1983)
- Ladyhawke (1985)
- St. Elmo's Fire (1985)
- Pretty in Pink (1986)
- Three Fugitives (1989)
- Lethal Weapon 3 (1992) (cameo; film directed by Richard Donner)
- Radio Flyer (1992)
- Dave (1993)
- Free Willy (1993)
- Free Willy (1994, TV series) (executive producer)
- The Favor (1994)
- Maverick (1994) (cameo; film directed by Richard Donner)
- Free Willy 2: The Adventure Home (1995)
- Assassins (1995) (executive producer)
- Volcano (1997) (executive producer)
- Free Willy 3: The Rescue (1997) (executive producer)
- Bulworth (1998) (executive producer)
- You've Got Mail (1998)
- Any Given Sunday (1999)
- X-Men (2000)
- Out Cold (2001) (executive producer)
- Just Married (2003) (executive producer)
- X2: X-Men United (2003)
- Timeline (2003)
- Constantine (2005)
- She's the Man (2006)
- X-Men: The Last Stand (2006)
- Unaccompanied Minors (2006)
- Sam and George (2008)
- Semi-Pro (2008)
- The Secret Life of Bees (2008)
- Hotel for Dogs (2009)
- X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009)
- The Vampire's Assistant (2009)
- Edge of Darkness (2010)
- Free Willy 4: Escape from Pirate Cove (2010)
- X-Men: First Class (2011)
- The Wolverine (2012)
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|