Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Shari Springer Berman (born July 13, 1963 in New York City, New York, USA), with her husband Robert Pulcini, is a documentarian who received critical acclaim and an Academy Award nomination for their feature film directorial debut, 2003's American Splendor, based on Harvey Pekar's autobiographical comics of the same name, as well as Our Cancer Year, co-written by Pekar's wife Joyce Brabner.
Berman graduated from Wesleyan University (Phi Beta Kappa). Both filmmakers received master's degrees in film from Columbia University. The couple married in 1994.
- Off the Menu: The Last Days of Chasen's (1997)
- The Young and the Dead (2000)
- Hello, He Lied & Other Truths from the Hollywood Trenches (2002)
- American Splendor (2003)
- Wanderlust (2006)
- The Nanny Diaries (2007)
- The Extra Man (2010)
- Cinema Verite (2011)
Awards and nominations Edit
With their first feature American Splendor, Berman and Pulcini earned an Academy Award nomination for Best Adapted Screenplay.
Awards won for American Splendor
- Boston Film Critics (Best Screenplay)
- Central Ohio Film Critics (Best Adapted Screenplay)
- Chicago Film Critics (Most Promising Performers)
- Chlotrudis Awards (Best Adapted Screenplay)
- Los Angeles Film Critics (Best Screenplay)
- National Society of Film Critics (Best Screenplay)
- New York Film Critics (Best First Film)
- Online Film Critics (Best Breakthrough Filmmakers)
- San Diego Film Critics (Best Adapted Screenplay)
- Seattle Film Critics (Best Adapted Screenplay)
- Toronto Film Critics (Best First Feature)
- Writers Guild of America (WGA) (Best Adapted Screenplay)
- IMDb profile
- "Interview: Robert Pulcini and Sheri Springer Berman, Directors of 'The Nanny Diaries'", Cinematical, Ryan Stewart, Aug 23rd 2007
- "Filmmakers Shari Springer Berman and Robert Pulcini", NPR
- "Splendid misery: an interview with Robert Pulcini and Shari Springer Berman." Cineaste, Gilbert, Anne; West, Dennis; West, Joan M., September 22, 2003
- "Shari Springer Berman, Robert Pulcini, Paul Giamatti & Harvey Pekar; Raymond D. Strother; Eugenia Zuckerman", Charlie Rose, (August 19, 2003)
- ↑ http://bombsite.com/issues/84/articles/2570
- ↑ http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/movieawards/sundance/2009-12-03-2010-premiere-lineup_N.htm
- ↑ http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/archives/2011/04/23/shari_springer_berman_robert_pulcini_talk_cinema_verite_imogene_kristenwiig/#
- ↑ http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/movies/2011/04/an-american-movie.html
- ↑ http://www.nytimes.com/1994/06/12/style/weddings-shari-berman-robert-pulcini.html
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|